Re: Road spending campaign.

Tell <telljb@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<6knr6k$5ua$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
> One of the, dare I say ....dubious things about living
> in the centre of Australia is that a lot of our
> imported TV and Radio programs emanate from Sydney.
> One of these is the John Laws radio programme which is
> currently running a "fax the bad roads in your area"
> campaign where listeners around Oz are given a fax
> number to the Road Transport Federation to complain
> about poor roads.  They are talking about "billions of
> dollars _short fall_ in road expenditure".!
>
> It must be time for a Rail Transport Lobby Group with
> an office in Canberra, live in hope I guess, but maybe
> the private rail operators will take this on.
>
> ----Tell
> Alice Springs NT

I hear that the results are being eagerly awaited by our esteemed Federal
Transport Minister.

Now, instead of moaning about the lack of a rail lobby, what if readers of
this newsgroup faxed our nominations for the worst roads - RAILroads.
Who's going to argue against the assertion that the worst roads in
Australia are not the ones paved with rail?  And if anyone in the road
lobby does argue against it - then they'll have to defend why they're not
using them.

My nomination for Australia's worst road is the Melbourne-Adelaide RAILroad.