Re: More Cs to Adelaide

telljb@ozemail.com.au (Tell) wrote, and I selectively quote:

>steam4me@enternet.com.au (Yuri J Sos) wrote:
>>This morning (Saturday 25.07.98) 9821 / NP2 departed Melbourne with
>>NR82+DL50(green)+C501+C509 bound for storage in Adelaide.
>>
>>This now makes six Cs in Adelaide, three in Junee and one  in
>>Melbourne.
>

>Why store them in Adelaide.?

I guess that's where there are storage tracks.

I know from talking to NR drivers that siding space in Melbourne is
extremely tight with trains sometimes waiting at loops outside
Melbourne because they can't get in account congestion.  There aren't
many/any other places I can think of in Victoria that you could safely
store 10 locos on SG.

Yuri.

PS  Note: locos moved were C501+C509, not C503 as I reported earlier.