Re: Victorian Tangaras?

"Gill" <torpan@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Recently  i was in Melbourne (to watch the other brand of football) and i
> noticed Tangara units rostered on the Box Hill service.

There is only one 4 car set.  It is unclear whether they will be more.
The Met didn't appear to be interested but future private operator(s)
may have a view.

> Can anyone down there give me information on the designation and
> whether this a permanent trend in the suburban sets.--

On a world wide basis, they Sydney experience with using tril-level
commuters trains to increase track capacity without otherwise
significantly impacting fixed infrastructure is being repeated in many
places where the basic fixed infrastructure is amendable.

Designs vary widely and are usually closely adapted to the local
length) in order to achieve maximum benefit in overcoming whatever the
specific local track capacity issue is.

Cheers,

Bill