Re: Abt Railway Engines

Of the 5 Abt loco's built,
No 1 is at the Zeehan Musuem, in one piece, but not running.
No 2 is at the Tasmanian Transport Museum in Hobart, in one piece, but not
running.
No 3 is on display in Queenstown, in one piece, but not running.
No 4 was scapped in 1963 after line closure.
No 5 is on display at Menzies Creek at Pufffing Billy.

The old passenger carriages are at Puffing Billy too and are used for meal
trains.
When I visited Puffing Billy last year, they said that No 5 was available to
be returned to Queenstown for use on the Abt line when it is rebuilt, but
not the rolling stock, although I have read something that may mean this has
changed.