Re: Push-pull

David & Julie Donald wrote in message <35B280EF.56B571C9@hermes.net.au>...
>Here is another of those inane questions.
>
>Apart from the situations listed below, and as well as EMU's/DMU's, can any
>reader think of any other situations where Australian or New Zealand rail
>operators use a system of "push-pull" (sometimes also referred to as "top
and
>tail".

Apart from banking (see later reply), I haven't seen any in NZ.
There's been the occasional rugby special from Frankton (Hamilton) to
Kingsland (Auckland) with a loco on each end.  The trailing loco was not
powering .. only there to make reversal of the train an easier operation.
If I recollect correctly, it was also done with the RES special from
Auckland to Whangamomona.

Michael McDonald