Re: NSW train speeds

Craig Haber wrote:

> Gotta query for those north of the border (or anyone south of it who
> knows...)
>
> How fast are XPT and Xplorer trains allowed in NSW on 47kg/m rail?
>
> Cheers,
> CH.
> --

I'm unsure of what the current standard is for class 1 track. I think
class 1 is 53 Kg Rail. On Class 1 or 1XC, XPT's
are allowed 160 Kph. On class 2 track , less than 53 kg, they are
limited to 100 Kph. I can't supply figures for the Explorers as I
don't have the appropriate timetable, however I should imagine that
they to would be limited to 100 Kph on class 2 track.

John MacCallum