Re: Speedrail preferred bidder for VHST

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in article
<6p0kb0$olr$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>...

> The banner headline article in today's Canberra Times says it is believed
> that Speedrail is the preferred bidder for the VHST project.
>
> The full text will be available for the rest of today at
> http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/newstue1.shtml
>
> A picture of a TGV Duplex locomotive illustrated the print version of the
> article.
>
> Cheers
> David

The Maglev promoters, in a further report in the next day's Canberra Times
dismissed the above report as speculation.  They are whingeing that the
eight weeks taken by the evaluation committee had been ridiculously short.
They then repeat their usual arguments about Maglev being the 21st century
transporation system.  Brunel thought his wide gauge and atmospheric
railway was the transport of the future too!

I tend to think that Speedrail is the favoured choice, but time will bear
me out.

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra