Re: WA locos in Sydney

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:54:14 +1000, Roy Marshall <marsh@zip.com.au>
wrote:

>David wrote:
>
>> Roy Marshall (marsh@zip.com.au) wrote:
>> > PB4 headed by NR9+NR31+Q319+L262 has arrived in Sydney. It passed Moss
>> > Vale over an hour before the tabled at 1033.Bargo 1114.Looped at Picton
>> > for SN44 (local pass) at 1126 and into Campbelltown at 1205.The load was
>> > only approximately 25 wagons.
>>
>> Were all four locos powering? If so, they'd have made short work of te
>> small load.
>>
>> Cheers
>> David
>
>I think so but it was a bit difficult to tell with it all being downhill
>and the speed the thing was doing. Did someone say it was limited to
>80kmh?
>
>Cheers Roy

I met the train at Fish River. On viewing the video I recorded between
there and Picton I can tell you that the all four locos were running -
working over the Cullerin Range I can see four seperate exhaust plumes
but the L class did not seem to be powering. However, climbing away
from Bundanoon all four locos have distinct powering exhaust plumes.
Also, there were people in the cabs of the WA locos.
The train was over an hour early going over the Cullerin Range.
Fortunately the weather cleared just as it passed through here making
for some impressive video. The train was easy to keep up with all the
way to Picton - definately ran at 80 kmh.