No Subject

>>I have been reliably informed that sleepers have been discharged
between
>>Kyabram and Echuca.  They will be replacing 1 in 5 sleepers.
>>

>are they steel or timber?
>
>The sleepers are timber and from 4/7/98 to 14/8/98 victrack have full
>occupation of the line to put the new sleepers in, although more sleeper
>trains still have to run.  On sunday the 5/7 another train between
>Echuca and Kyabram will run.

I have been told that they will replace 1 in 4 sleepers between Toolamba
and Echuca, with timber sleepers, although some sleepers are meant to be
steel.  Work has started on the line, and they track gang started at
Echuca, working to Toolamba.  More sleeper trains will run from Echuca on
mondays.  They are now past Kyabram with the discharging of new sleepers.
X34 which ran from echuca to toolamba on a sleeper train for the main line
between Murchison East and Strathmerton was pictured  in the current
edition of newsrail at Kyabram, except the picture is inverted.

Doug