Re: Northern River Railway

David Bromage wrote:

> David Proctor (daproc@spamsux.bigfoot.com) wrote:
> > Not meaning to flame here, but it is Northern RiverS RailROAD - I hate it,
> > but that is the way it is. I also hate Australia Southern RailROAD - why do
> > we have to go American? Australia has always had RailWAYS!
>
> There was the Great Northern RailWAY in the USA. :)

Which is now part of the Burlington NorthernSanta Fe Railway Company or BNSF as
most
people know it as....

One of the reasons I read this group is because
of Australia's uniqe mix of British and American
operating practices. Some day I hope to get
down there to see it first hand.

--
Erich S. Houchens
Fort Worth, Texas

Internet: eshouchens@earthlink.net
IRC Undernet #trains: RRspatch
ICQ: 172674   AOL Instant messenger: RRspatch
CompuServe: 73053,2234  (TrainNet only)