Re: C class's and Belarine Peninsula Railways (two qns)

markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1) wrote and I quote
selectively:
>Poppycock! EMD has moved to 4 stroke because they cannot go up to the next
>horsepower plateu with their existing 2 stroke engine.

Could you please elaborate on this horsepower plateau.

>Regarding fuel consumption, similar EMD and GE models have very
>similar fuel consumption, in fact SD40-2's and C30-7's had
>identical fuel consumption.

I have no real facts on this, and would be interested
in seeing actual figures.  I only know from reading,
not experience that US RR's claim the GE's were more
fuel efficient, we "understand" from this group that
one of the main reasons Goninan/GE were awarded the NRC
contract for the NR class loco's was fuel effeciency.

Cheers

----Tell
Alice Springs NT