Re: Overland Upgrade

"Lachlan Smith" <lsmith@senet.com.au> wrote in aus.rail:

>For those interested, I just saw on the channel 7 news (Adelaide) where GSR
>is to spend $1,000,000 upgrading the Overland rollingstock.

HOOOWEEEE A WHOLE MILLION DOLLARS!!! WOWEE, WOWEE!

That should enable them to replace all the brake blocks and the rubber
seals on the door. They may even have a little left over to remove the
stick on signs and repaint the exterior. Wow, it might still be a
painful ride over the goat track but, by golly, it'll look real swell.

Will someone wake me up when they've decided to add an extra couple of
noughts, will ya?

Les Brown.