Re: NSW govt supports Chatswood to Parramatta line

 A more complete report on the Parramatta - Chatswood announcement is
at:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/9807/06/pageone/pageone2.html
including the correct price tag.
In a world where the lion's share of funding continues to go to roads,
I'd have to say this railway proposal is good news.  The minister
deserves congratulations and encouragement for moving transport planning
in the right direction.

--
Matthew Tierney,  mgt@tierney.com.au
Tierney & Partners Consulting Engineers