Re: R??? seen today

This train was the regular Vline service to Geelong (09:55 ex Melbourne). It
returns from Geelong on the 13:30 service ex Geelong. This is Vline's annual
school holidays steam runs and ran from Monday 6 July to Friday 10 July.
Monday was R766, Tuesday was R761 and I believe R761 ran the rest of the
week. In previous years this train has run at 115kmh but this year was
restricted to 100kmh. Steamrail's web site states that Vline are chartering
R766 on Melbourne Cup Day for a run to Geelong - in past years this has also
been the regular service.

Michael Davies