Re: Transrapid MagLev

On Wed, 08 Jul 1998 19:11:56 +0200, Christian Legeland
<clegelan@physik.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:

>I found some older discussion (from April) about energy consumption of
>the german MagLev Transrapid and the cost of line constructing.
>Perhaps this has been answered earlier, but let me try again:

There was an intensive discussion of TransRapid technology and the
many questionable and misleading claims made for it in the
misc.transport.urban-transit newsgroup with the last few months.
Interested readers may wish to consult Deja News for detailed
rebuttals of many of the energy usage, track geometry and other claims
made for it.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton                 billbolton@computer.org