Re: Overhead wires restored to Goods lines??

nswsrca@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jun 1998 00:39:31 +1000, Stuart Ellis
> <festy@terrigal.net.au> wrote:
>
> >I noticed 4638 and several cars from 3801 ltd sitting under the bridge
> >at Lewisham last Thursday for filming of the mini series of Granville.
> >Also I have heard rumours that CityRail will be using Rozelle yard and
> >the goods lines for driver training in the very near future. That is
> >probalby the reason why the overhead has been restored.
> >
> >Stuart Ellis
> >
> Sorry, Stuart.   Another furphy.   If you had loked a little harder,
> you would have found 4833 at the other end of the train, pushing for
> all its little might!   The power was not on - yet!

I would guess that they restored the overhead to avoid the necessity of lowering
the pantographs to go through the affected section.  They will need the power
restored to be able to run CityRail training trains into Rozelle.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard