Re: TransAdelaide Home Page

Chris Brownbill wrote:

> I notice that TransAdelaide have updated their home page so that it is now
> possible to say that they have some appreciable web presence.  Its not much
> but its better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick.  Its at
> http://www.transadelaide.sa.gov.au/
>
> I suppose this leaves Countrylink as the only significant operator of
> passenger rail services in the country without an official or sanctioned
> home page worth talking about.

Having taken the time to look at TransAdelaide's home page, I would
probably still classify it with Countrylink. All it does is tell you
ticket pricing and a few other snippets of info which cannot really be
regarded as the sort of core information I would expect from a good
public transport page. If it were what I would classify as a good web
page I would expect:
1. Timetables. Probably in the case of TA, the tram, the few trains and
some major bus timetables eg the TL (Transit Link) and O-Bahn buses.
Even better, all the buses. If a small bus company in Melbourne can have
it's timetable on the web for all to see right next to all the tram
timetables (as an example of a complex operator comparable at least
slightly to TA), surely TA can put a few core ones up.
2. Maps. Melbourne's tram map is easily looked up (and links to the tram
timetables by clicking on the route you are after on the map), ditto a
small map without station names of the Melbourne train system (maybe it
would be better to have an expanded map appear by clicking on the
thumbnail map instead of the relevant train timetable.) I am also
informed that when the new Melbourne Public Transport Map comes out
sometime this year, it too will be placed on the Web thus showing where
each Melbourne bus, tram and train goes. TA have a similar map to
Melbourne updated very recently, surely it can't be that hard to put it
on their site.
3. Failing decent maps, at least a list of where each route goes.

What do others think?