Re: Freight Train thru South Yarra

David Goll (golldm@nabaus.com.au) wrote:
>I notice G518 (or was it 512, cant remember) this morning passing
>through South Yarra  with 21xVHQF wagons. Does anybody know what the
>purpose of this train is? I've seen it a few mornings usually at either
>South Yarra or Richmond.

it would have been train 9520, 2.15 Kilmore East - Westall Block Quarry.
There are two weekday return workings to Kilmore East, one to Westall and
one to Brooklyn. There is a G more or less captive to these workings as it
has non-standard controls and is not fitted for Section Authority working.

9319 21.50 Brooklyn - Kilmore East (empty), Su-Th
9520 2.15 Kilmore East - Westall (via Essendon) M-F
9317 9.20 Westall - Kilmore East (empty, via Essendon) M-F
9318 13.45 Kilmore East - Brooklyn M-F

Cheers
David