Re: OAM Award to Stephen Buck and others

The List -

Member of the Order of Australia

Dr. John Reginald Glastonbury AM. For service to tertiary education as
an administrator, to the devolopment of engineering education,and to
the preservation of Australia's railway heritage.

Medal of the Order of Australia.

Stephen Hawdon Buck OAM. for services to the preservation of railway
heritage through the ACT chapter of the Australian Railway Historical
Society, the Canberra Railway Museum,and the Michelago Tourist
Railway.

Samuel Burgess OAM. for service to the transport industry through the
Chartered Institute of Transport, and to tourism as chairman of the
Zig Zag Railway.

David Victor Torr OAM. for service to the community as works manager
for the New South Wales Rail Transport Museum.

Congratulations to all.

Was no-one outside NSW /ACT nominated ??????

Cheers
Krel

On 26 Jan 1998 07:20:39 GMT, "Richard Flinders" <srv@railpage.org.au>
wrote:

>Congratulations to Stephen from the Board and volunteers of Steamrail
>Victoria Inc.
>It's nice to see the politicians actually awarding the honours to the
>ordinary people of Australia (sorry Steve, we mean the 'dedicated ordinary
>people!')
>

>David Bennetts <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote in article
><01bd29e0$fbef0280$6a4c0acb@davibenn.pcug.org.au>...
>> Stephen Buck has been awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia
>(General
>> Division) for service to the preservation of railway heritage.  The award
>> acknowledges his work through the ARHS ACT Division.  Stephen, a
>> professional engineer, has been President of the ACT Division for a
>number
>> of terms, and a prime mover in establishing the Canberra Railway Museum.
>> He played a major role in establishing the Michelago Tourist Railway.
>> Congratulations Stephen!

" Am I a railfan, a train enthusiast, a gunzel or just an eccentric crank ???
Or all of the above ????????