Re: Double Colour Light Signalling

<<<<<<<<Where is this syetm in use ?>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I assume you are refering to "speed signalling"?

Speed signalling exists on many suburban lines where the signals are close
together. Anytime you see a medium speed aspect, R/G or R/Y when there is no
diverging movement you are on speed signalling.

I have not driven a train on the Melbourne suburban system for 5 years now so
my info is not current but Caulfield to Moorabbin (at least) showed VR speed
signalling in all its vulgarity, they even put illuminated 40's, later 65's on
the Y/G and R/G and, if my memory serves me, sometimes on the R/Y.

I was the AFULE rep. on the signal sighting commitee for a couple of years and
had many heated discussions with signal engineers on the VR bastardisation of
the 3 position signal system which is now so entrenched in Victoria.

Mark Bau