Re: Coltrane's Planes etc 19/1/98

nldoncas@cobweb.com.au (Nic Doncaster) writes: > Craig Keller <craig@keller.fam.aust.com> writes:
> > Did anyone else watch this program?  I saw last weeks and was very
> > impressed with the way it was put together - each episode could easily
> > go for an hour though.  What really pissed me off about the ep of 19/1
> > was the damned background music.
> >
> > Here they were showing some of the magnificent engines left running in
> > Africa billowing steam and smoke everywhere and great sounds, and they
> > ruined it by putting crappy music over the top.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.

It wasn't too bad, but yes the overdubbing lovely loco sounds with music was
very annoying. Although they later had a nice sequence without music.
Interesting arrangement for working the trains with a 4-8-2 (?) up front
and a garrat push up!

Further, their means of jacking up a wheel would give an Australian health and
safety inspector nightmares.

Graham Fry