Re: AN6 in Melbourne

timarnot@fastlink.com.au (Tim Arnot) wrote:
>I am given to understand that the locomotive will stay in Melbourne
>for a day or so clearnace testing.
>There may be more to come.........
>Regards
>Timothy Arnot

NRC got a bargain there, the AN's in their "dreaded"
green and gold have been working in the Outback for
their new masters before and after the demise of AN
without all the hoopla of the NR's.

// flame on
Still reckon they sound and look better than the 120
"new comers on the block".  The NR's with their BHP
look-a-like logo on their slab noses and Vicrail type
colours, (recent repaints did nothing either), have not
inspired me to drag the old Pentax's out.

Back to the AN's, must be that 4000 hp turbo charged
EMD throb, sloped nose, grilles and louvres, all those
little bits that modellers look for.
Much better than those house bricks with side rails.!

Personal opinion of course.   ;-)
// flame off

Cheers

----Tell