GSR-Adelaide

On the latest news from Adelaide is that GSR have lost their appeal
against an interim award for staff for on train crew. It seems that GSR
has to now back pay all the staff under the old award, that is going to
be big dollars! Strong info has it that GSR has already clocked up a $2M
loss since they began on Nov 1 and they are on track to clock up up a
bigger loss than AN did when they were running the show. One could
understand why when trying to book a ticket to Melb last week I had to
wait 23 minutes in a phone queue just to book a ticket. I just wonder
how many callers hang-up and book by bus/plane. Then when I went to pick
up the ticket I had to stand in another queue at the Booking counter at
Keswick for another 20-25 minutes because as usual there was only one
person serving and got stuck with a obvious booking difficulty with
another passenger, can't complain though at least the air conditioning
was working this time. The Overland has its Club Car back on, I wonder
how long?