Re: Double Decker Trains

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Glen Morrow wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just out of curiosity, how many double-decker trains are actually running
> in Melbourne?  I see one on the Lilydale line every now and then.
>
> Thanks,
> Glen

Just the one 4-car set! It usually does a morning peak period run between
Backburn & the city, and sometimes 2 trips to Lilydale before the
afternoon peak. It also sometime does a Box Hill run during the afternoon
peak.  I haven't seen it running on weekends for two years now, except for
a few odd occassions when my train has passed it near Ringwood on a
Saturday evening (about 7:45pm - it was city bound).

Mick

| email:  mzs@eastwood.apana.org.au         |
| WEB:    http://www.eastwood.apana.org.au/ |