Re: QR Tilt Train

Andrew McMahon wrote:

> My understanding is this is running uptp Rockhampton.(Spirit of Capricorn)
>
> As I am travelling to brisbane on january 30 for a workshop I thought I
> might do a bit of gunzelling on this train.
>
> Can anyone tell me if it works all the time or if it is selected services
> etc??? I want to travel on Sunday 1 February upto Gympie. Thanks for the
> help...if know one can help me...do you have an email address for QR.

I'm not sure what you're getting at Andrew.

Point 1

The Tilt train is not in service as yet. It is still undergoing trials.

Point 2

The Spirit of Capricorn (normal electric ICE trains) run daily plus a
Wednesday night service. Leaves Brisbane 8.25 a.m. each day arriving Rocky
5.50.pm. The night train leaves 8.25 pm.

Trains only run to Gympie North (not Gympie- Bus into town). That is part of
the normal extended suburban network and can have oridaryt EMUs working the
service, but usually with ICE set as well. The Spirit is always ICE sets.

Cheers

Garry