Crappy tourist road service (was GSR)

markbau1@aol.com (MarkBau1) writes:
> CH wrote:
>
> <<<<<Something which some of you seem to have overlooked is that PROFIT comes
> from PASSENGERS.  No passengers = no profit, so it's in the best
> interests of any private operator to make the service attractive to
> passengers.  Making the service attractive includes improving customer
> service. >>>>>>
>
> Yes, if you have to survive by satisfying customers the customers must be
> numero uno. But to my knowledge, there has never been a passenger carrying
> railway in Australia (tourist RR's excepted) that has ever had to do this as
> they were/are subsidised in which case the people paying the subsidy become
> numero uno.
>
> Mark.

I would disagree.

I have traveled on tourist roads where the Coach captians and crew literally
tell you to "get f--ked".Not to mention trying to visit other areas and being
prepared to pay, or being crew and having some arsehole in management trying to
tell you your job!

On some of them, the care of the client is the last priority.

Yes they are volunteers etc etc.But that does not let them get away with lack of
manners.

Duty of care etc etc is sometimes forgotten.

The worst trip I ever did was on an AN IP btn Perth and ADL. First class. No
morning coffee, bunk not put up/down/made, rude staff in the diner. Only saving
grace was a kind train manager who got me a bash in the cab.

Nic