Re: 3801 and 3830 Double Headers

Barry wrote:

> <snipo>

> >> We already have 3801 (streamlined) and 3830
> >> (non-streamlined) why bother
> >> with any more of the same. Steam is boring anyway.
> >>
> >> Barry Campbell
> >

> >That's only your opinion.
> >
> >BNA
> >

> Steam is boring is my (totally arbitrary) opinion but I think it is not
> unreasonable to argue that a third representative of a class of 30 is a
> waste of scarce resources.

This "arbitrary opinion" is based on the somewhat nebulous proposition
that
we would have 3 x 38 class locos in steam at any one time.Not, narda,
never! But an early start on another might assure that we have 1 in steam
at all times, and occasionally may have 2 in steam at the same time. Just
remember how long it took to get 3830 into steam and
the problems (financial and otherwise) involved.

Geoff