Re: 3801 and 3830 Double Headers

Peter Ware wrote:

> Bob wrote:
> >    The general manager of 3801Ltd has always said that they wont be
> > running double 38 every weekend. There is no need for this and it
> will
> > only happen when the need arises. The use of 3830 will be very
> limited
> > compared to 3801 and it is considered as a back up engine.
> >                                             Bob
>
> I have no problem at all with the use of double headers only when the
> need arises. I was under the impression that 3801 was due to go in for
> major boiler overhaul and inspection when 3830 came back into
> operation
> and that '30 would be replacing '01 during this period. Is this not
> now
> going to happen or will it happen later in the year ?
>
> Peter Ware

3801 will be running all year. Someone started a story last year that
3801 was not going to run this year because of an overhaul. This story
was incorrect and there is no plan to withdraw 3801 from service. At
present the loco is stripped down for its annual boiler inspection and
some repairs. This happens every year over the summer months. At this
stage there is no plan to withdraw 3801 in theforseeable
future.                                                    Bob