Re: Freightcorp 80s (Re: 81s back up the coast)

Peter Neve (nswsrca@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>A serious question - were the 80s on the rear or on the front.   If on
>the rear, they would have been the Liverpool banking engines.  I doubt
>if Werris Creek would be too keen on letting them loose into Port
>Waratah (although certainy the 442s made it down there a few times
>when they were nomially restricted to working beyond Werris Creek),

They were the only locos there, at the up end of the loop on a 40+ wagon
wheat train. An empty wouldn't need banking from Willow Tree to Werris
Creek, so it would be logical to assume they were hauling a loaded train
south. It is possible that they could have swapped with a pair of 81s or
82s.

Cheers
David