Re: What to do with XPT?

 > Comeng originally wanted to make the XPT tilting! At the time, they
were
> licencees for Bombarier and one of their suggestions was a version of the
> Canadian LRC. What would have been built? Imagine an Alco powered tilting
> XPT.....

I think if we had tilt version of XPT eariler we would still complaint
about its ride quality! from the early 70s to late 80s tilt train were
not that popular with passengers. From the start Japanese class 381
actaully "scared" some passengers. Then came LRC, ETR 401 of Italian
Railways and APT all had complaints on riding quality due to their tilt
angle were far too big. Tilt trains only getting popular recently as
they reduced the tilt angle and improved the riding quality.

James