Re: Bluebirds are go?

David:

you mentioned:
> V/Line should not have withdrawn the DRCs.

are you talking about the 4 DRC withdraw few years ago due to its
frequently mechanical break down?

I think they are just as difficult to run as Bluebirds unless, as I said find
a VERY GOOD engineer to fix the problem.

I guess its time to do Xmas shopping for NEW sprinters! Recently Eurropean
Railway operators favours "light DMUs" cost around 1m$ AustD or less, they
could run at impressive speed, one of them is Bombardier's "talent" version
even include a "tilt version". As for blue birds? they can convert to
locohaul stocks for commuter services on busy interurban lines like Geelong,
Ballarat or Bendiego or supply "Harris".

Cheers

James