Re: Scenic Railway Expansion

In article <36770635.0@news.camtech.net.au>,
  "David Martin" <d_martin@mountains.net.au> wrote:

> David Bennetts wrote in message
> <01be2872$23ad5f20$814c0acb@davibenn.pcug.org.au>...
> >
> >I would think that having two trains on the funicular would be the obvious
> >solution - it would virtually double its carrying capacity without the need
> >for a great deal of modification.  The passing place would have to be
> >exactly halfway of course, I would think this would be below the 'tunnel'
> >section so wouldn't require a huge amount of clearing to accommodate the
> >necessaary pointwork and dual trackage.
> >

> The B&W photo at http://www.mountains.net.au/plaza/rail/scenic.htm gives a
> fair idea of where the halfway point is.
>
> I daydream about rebuilding the line to the Megalong valley; not very likely
> to happen, though!
>
> David Martin

David, what is the current situation with the Orphan Rocker roller coaster?
It was always a source of morbid curiosity at school, no-one could remember
seeing it running, yet there were rumours of deaths occuring on it shortly
after opening. Some said it was the steepest roller coaster in the world.
Several years ago there were plans to resurrect it, and I believe DoT
approval was sought, although I haven't heard anything since. Can you help?

Rob

Sydney (Australia)