Re: Cameras on Comengs

:Hi all,
:
:I have been in many comengs recently which have cameras in them... Does
:anyone know what they are for and where they are connected to??

Hi,

As far as i know, they were part of a testing program in the late 1980's or
even early 1990's. They were going to be eventually implemented in all
Comengs and i think even Hitachi's, but that seemed to die of a natural
death. As far as i know, they are not directly connected to any monitors,
but to a video recorder, which seems a waste really. They could have really
worked, if implemented properly. I.E. keeping guards, and installing a small
monitor just above the destination box in the cabs. There is one Comeng set
which was the original car for the installation of these cameras, and in
this set, they appear to have a piece of wood or a block of some sort
attached between them and the roof. This set still has the original met
stickers that advertised the video surveilance test program.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Michael.
gunzel@gunzel.net