Re: Feds take lead role in VHST

In article <754c16$4l$15@news.mel.aone.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> The ABC reports that the Federal government has decided to take the lead
> role in the VHST project. Speedrail will still deal with the NSW and ACT
> governments (I assume mainly to do with land acquisition), but the feds
> will be the main point of contact.
>
> The final decision to go ahead with the project should be within the next
> 6 months.

This was reported in one of the Sydney newspapers several weeks ago.
Apparently Speedrail has experienced only delays and indifference in its
dealings with the NSW Government, which sounds rather like the SLR saga all
over again. Yet another example of how inept and incabable Carl Scully & Co
are when it comes to public transport issues.

> Cheers
> David

Rob

Sydney (Australia)