Re: Overdue Overdue

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 16:13:26 +1100, "Jack" <bd107@tsn.cc> wrote:

>Krel wrote in message <3674b484.643032@news.netconnect.com.au>...
>

>>Methinks your parochialism is showing. It could be argued that the
>>Overland Has to use Platform 1 due to runaround facilities - there is
>>no such requirement for the XPT,
>
>It only needs fuel doesn't it.... where else can it get it?

South Dynon Loco? Seriously though, ISTR that they fueled from the
runaround track to start with. Either way all that is required now is
a fuel pipe extension to platform 2.

The Overland only needs to run around doesn't it....... where else can
it do that? Both trains have a reason for wanting platform 1.

>who only wish to use platform to
>>reduce their costs.
>>
>>One of the principles of the track access regime is that healthy (on
>>time) trains have all rights over unhealthy trains (late or early).
>
>really....  which state do u live in..train controllers in NSW just don't
>give a stuff.... look after NRC at all costs  and bugger anyone else
>.....is they're motto

Having worked trains in both Vic and NSW I can assure you that train
controllers in both states generally give healthy train rights over
unhealthy ones - NRC or FC or or Countrylink or Austrac or.......
NRC trains get shafted just as often as other operators.

People on suburban electric trains tend to get upset when their late
train is held up for an on time freight but both have paid track
access fees and expect the same treatment.

>>What is needed here is common sense discussion not state based
>>parochialisms. there are two trains and two SG platforms; surely
>>something can be worked out between Countrylink, GSR and VLP.
>
>best solution is turn the xpt round at Albury and let Jeff worry about
>getting them to Melbourne

Firstly it was Countrylinks decision to run to Melbourne; Secondly
turfing them out at Albury would lose most of the patronage and
thirdly you still seem hung up on state based parochialism.
The best solution is for Countrylink and GSR to talk about solving the
problem amicably.

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.