Re: Short R sets.

nswsrca@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:20:21 +1100, Robert Harris
> <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Any one know why there are 4 car R sets floating arround in sector 2?
>
> As I understand it, a number of Tulloch trailer cars are being
> refurbished to give them a little extra life to carry them through
> until after the Olympic Games and the introdction of the Millenium
> Trains.
>
> At the same time, the so-and-sos are permanently ixing the seats to
> face in one direction, as in the suburban Tangara sets.
>
> When will State Rail consider the wishes of the paying customers,
> rather than trying to simplifiy on carriage cleaning?
>
> Hunslet.

Yes they are refurbishing the Tullochs, but that does not explain why we
have 4 car R sets attached to S sets. A 5 car R set I couls understand.

The reason why the seats are being fixed is because of vandals riping the
seats apart as they tip over. Why they haven't fixed the backs on is a
mystery.

rgds