Re: ROA Concession Cards

poh@cts.canberra.edu.au wrote
>State Rail are currently in the process of withdrawing ROA concession cards
>from all tertiary institutions. They will be replaced with two different
>systems:
>
>* A hologram will be placed on the student's ID card issued by the
institution
>for use on all CityRail and State Transit services.
>* Students will be required to BUY an ISIC (International Student
>Identification Card) from STA Travel in order to receive concession fares
on
>Countrylink.

Does this mean that Victorian concession cards (which are valid on country
and interstate services outside Victoria) will no longer entitle the holder
to concession travel on countrylink services?

If so, what will the situation be for travelling on XPTs between Melbourne
and Benalla/Wangaratta?  My concession card says it is valid on all
government operated rail and bus services in victoria.

 - Chris Brown
Rowville, Victoria

sbrown@dragon.net.au