Re: Port Hedland Diesel Preservation

Hunslet:
Information from Joyce & Tilley 'Railways in the Pilbara'.
Imported by Mt Newman from Western Pacific in 1967.  Nov.77: 5451 was
donated to Port Hedland Council.  It is in a park on the main road out of
town about 1 to 2 km from Pier Hotel, close to a suburban shopping mall.  I
walked there once, and drove every other time.  You can get there by
suburban bus.

The other was dontated to PRRHS.  AFAIK it was operational for the first
time in 1988; I believe that it was operational at the time of my
most-recent visit (July 97).
--
Regards
Roderick Smith