Re: Fisherman Islands (QLD) freight line.

On 10 Dec 1998, Ron Bennell wrote:

> I have been told by staff at the port that there is a third stevadore
> intending to set up at Fishermans Island who will originate a significant
> amount of SG rail traffic.

I recently went for a tour of the docks there and there is an American
steveadore that is called land and sea (i think) and the warfie that was
taking us around said that they are starting up in febuary. Although i
don't know about the significant traffic bit as the equipment that they
are using eg cranes can only unload half to a quater what the other two
stevedores can unload.

> Ron
>
> Roy Wilke <aervol@bit.net.au> wrote in article
> <366e82c9.12897488@news.bit.net.au>...
> > I was held up at the Stanley Street level crossing last week by an
> > 80-class coasting light engine down the Norman Park-Coorparoo grade. I
> > assume it had hauled a train to the port earlier in the day.
> >
> > Roy
> >
> > On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 20:25:26 +1100, "John Kozak" <jkoz@ozemail.com.au>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Since the dual gauge line was built to Fisherman Islands, I have only
> seen
> > >one interstate train on that line-that was Freightcorp hauled by two 48
> > >class diesels.
> > >No doubt QR is happy to have this extra line for their use, but the
> standard
> > >gauge component seems all but abondoned.
> > >Does anyone know if there is any planned expansion for the usage of this
> > >line ?
> > >
> > >Thanks,
> > >John

I've got a spool,