Re: A Sydneysider travels on Melbourne Trams ... but is curious still

Family wrote:
> The rail line was closed after a "mad lady" burnt down a station near
> Fitzroy Street. That was ages ago, and They coveted it to trams then...

As I remember it, the station burnt down after the line had been
converted to trams.

I remember as a kid riding the 600 bus from Elwood, and coming down
the hill into the station checking the time of the next train on the
clock.

Going home again in peak hour you'd have to be pretty quick off the
train to get a seat on the bus. Ah yes, but that was in the days
of properly co-ordinated bus-train services.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Custard Communications Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia