Re: Relayed By Bus (Was XPT delayed by bomb search)

"Ron BEST" <ronbest@bigpond.com> writes: >

> That would, presumably, be the head-on betw the SA and a freight on about
> 6th Feb, 1969. I went through on the ICD on the 8th. Still had bits of
> S-class bodywork lying around. Not a pretty sight.

No, it was many years after the fatal Violet Town collision - if it had
been that day, I would have been on the train in question!  I believe
it was a freight train derailment , and it would have been about
late 70's, early 80's (anyone remember when it became the SEX/MEX?).

Because Violet Town was forever associated with the Aurora, the
location of the derailment which curtailed our journey seemed
significant , or ironic at the time.

Cheers,

Paul Hogan