Re: QR Pinkenba Rail-Bus service changes

On 3 Dec 98 14:16:19 GMT, "JohnMcCandless" <johnmc@topend.com.au>
wrote:

> > An interesting side point is that BCC have reduced their own City to
>> Pinkenba services down to 3 trips in the morning and 3 trips in the
>> evening peak.  Outside of these times anyone wanting to go to Pinkenba
>> from the City will need to use the Rail-Bus service.
>>
>ok.  I'm confused.  I thought the Rail-bus service was run by BCC anyway,
>as a subbie to QR?

The specific "Rail-Bus" *is* operated on behalf of Citytrain.  From
what I remember, when I last caught one many years ago, the tickets
printed in the buses even had the badly-italicized "CITYTRAIN" on the
top of the thermal piece of paper.  Not sure if that is still the
case, but I am sure it would be.

I havent heard anything about the 5-year contract BCC had to operate
the service; the contact expired September.

But, as we have a Labor government in again, I'm surprised they havent
closed it down as well as a lot of other lines and projects like they
did the last time they were in.