Re: Seen in WA yesterday

Hi Mike & all,

Yeah, I saw one (set) in the Claisebrook sheds tonight (near the wash
plant) - they're easy to spot eh(?) as they've still got the red
reflectorised still over the windows. I wonder how long before the wash
plant strips them off?

I don't think they'd start changing the specs for the EMU's now. HOWEVER,
that hasn't stopped the Premier from announcing in the West Australian this
week that the Government haven't ruled out new designs for the railcars
that will be going down to Rockingham / Mandurah - IF that line ever comes
about..!! By the way, I still think it's nuts to take the Mandurah line off
at Kenwick. If The passengers joining the trains at Mandurah are going to
get anything like decent (short(ish) duration) trips into the cities (Perth
OR Fremantle) then th number of station 'stops' along the route is going to
have to be kept doen to a minimum. Kind of like how the stations are on the
Northern Suburbs line - more like bus / rail interchange sites. Just my
thoughts.

Well, the Claremont Cabin opens for the last time tomorrow, Saturday 5th
(for the 1998 season), and it looks like being a quite session, what with
all the trains stopped for the changes at Subiaco and all. If you, or
anyone else reading this on the ng have got time, pop in to see us.

All the more, the merrier..! Ho, ho, ho...  (Apologies, but it is almost
Christmas.)   <8-))

Chris. F.

mrblack@my-dejanews.com wrote in article
<747vep$far$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> Standing at Vic Park station yesterday around 11am waiting for an
Armadale
> line train, managed to see Transperth testing one of their new sets from
Qld