Re: Station announcements, Sydney

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share with you a funny experience with train announcements.
Having arrived back at East Perth Terminal off the Prospector from Kalgoorlie (a
long trip on an old train which well needs the upgrades being tendered for
presently) I waited along with many other rush-hour patrons to travel back to
Perth, change trains then onto the Armadale line and home. My tiredness was soon
gone and I felt extremely uplifted when one poor commuter dared to press the
button for "Trains to Perth". The information module promptly replied:

"The next train to Switzerland leaves in five minutes. The train stops at all
stations including Gottingen, Schneeland, Berne, Midland, and Perth."

Not one person moved, spoke or dared to press it again for a full minute or
more.