Re: Speedrail technical stuff

On 14 Aug 1998 14:24:23 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
wrote:

>Ashley Wright (ajwright@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>>   I wonder just how the signaling system will work then!! I have read
>> about TGV type signaling, but have never seen anything about high
>> speed sigal line signaling. Could be interesting.
>
>They'd use the existing block signals on the Main South, then their own
>signalling on the high speed line. It's basically moving blocks with cab
>signals. In germant on ICe lines the moving blocks are generally about
>300m, but on LGVs (Lignes a Grand Vitesse) they can be up to 1200m.

  I guess the real question is does TVM support blocks moving towards
each other??. My basic understanding of TVM is that the trains
constantly report their possition through the rails, and that is
picked up by following trains, which then determine the optimum speed
to run at.

 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 ajwright@ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright