Re: Metcard handheld scanners

: Warning to all you "I refuse to validate for every trip" types out there: I
: had my ticket checked on a Chapel St tram this morning (6/8), and the
: friendly inspector swiped my ticket through a hand-held scanner.

: It was quite a neat little device, with a swipe slot and a yellow "target"
: for the (yet to be released) smartcard tickets. There was also a small
: keyboard.

I am yet to see one of these hand held devices, I belive they tell you
the type of ticket (could just read the back) and the last place it was
validated (and time), be this they will know if you validated your ticket
or not.

I am a "Refuse to validate me ticket" that is why I am currently using
'paper' monthlies, so that I am still on the correct side of the law.

I understand that I will be able to get these paper monthlies at the met
shop until they are replaced by Metcard Xpress.

Apart from National Bus who hasn't got Metcard?

Also I understand that the school passes for next year will be Metcard Xpress.

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord