Speedrail and Central Platforms.

Noticed on the front page of the Canberra Times today, that part of
the construction for Speedrail includes a tunnel connecting the new
southern railway (airport) to platforms 14 and 15 at Central. Correct
me if I am wrong but are these not the eastern most terminating
platforms in Sydney Terminal and part of City Rail?? Although it would
make sense to have trains terminating in Sydney Terminal propper would
it not be more logical to have them terminate in platforms outside of
the City Rail controlled area!! Also I wonder if Speedrail still plans
on running some of the trains down to the unused platforms and tunnels
at St James???
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 ajwright@ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright