Re: CityRail announcements

Wollongong Quokka wrote in message <6pruaa$hl5$1@the-fly.zip.com.au>...
>David Bradshaw wrote in message
>>Could the voice possibly have been a human, utilising a "long-line" PA
>>system?
>
>I seriously doubt it, but obviously not having seen anyone actually push a
>button I can't say it isn't.

Okay, now I'm certain that it's recorded.

Sunday 2/8, Thirroul Station (staffed)

1:00pm

Tangara G7 still on platform 1, having just terminated ex Port Kembla.
"[Annoying two tone sound] Attention passengers.  The next train to arrive
on platform 1 goes to Martin Place...."

1:03pm

G7 still sitting on up main, just up of the points.
(Same automated message)

When G7 got back to platform 3, a male voice gave the normal Thirroul
announcement "Train now standing on platform 3 is the (whatever)pm Port
Kembla service...."

1:08pm

Sydney train arrives, normal announcement with male voice "Train now
approaching platform 1 is the 1:05pm Sydney service going to Martin
Place..."

--
Robs the Wollongong Quokka
http://profiles.yahoo.com/Wollongong_Quokka/