Re: 3830

In article <342BAEF3.84ACB2F2@ozemail.com.au>, trainman@ozemail.com.au
says...

>Chris Stratton wrote:
>
>> 3830 arrived at Cringila at 12:40 today 25/9 with one 3801 Limited
>> carriage. The carriage was left in Cringila Exchange sidings. The loco
then
>> proceeded to Port Kembla balloon loop to turn. I don't know where it went
>> after that.
>>

>Back to Sydney.
>
>It will be working the Cockatoo Run for the next two weekends.
>

>--
>David Johnson

    I'm just back in Geelong after a week in Newcastle. Yesterday I drove
from Sydney to Geelong via Kembla and Moss Vale to see 3830. The old girl
looks rather strange with only the tender and the very front of the loco
painted in the final colours (smoke box door black, headlight green). The
rest of the loco (bioler, valences,cab, etc are in undercoat. It was lovely
to see and hear 3830 back in action.

    Roger Gillard