Re: Double Stacking

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Approval has been given for the operation of double stack containers between Goobang
>Junction and Broken Hill provided the following special conditions are observed:
>- The maximum height above rail level shall not exceed 5.850m
>- Containers must be secured to each other at all four points.
>- The lighter container must be loaded on top of the heavier container.
>- Double stacked containers must not use the loop at Euabalong West.
>--
>David Johnson

We are getting there, albeit slowly.!

Double stack through Broken Hill and a bypass around the Adelaide
Hills will almost make our National network viable for the 21st
Century, but if the Feds keep pouring funds into the roads and
State Governments allow longer and bigger trucks as in South
Australia and Victoria then the truck carnage on our roads will
continue and Rail will never be able to do the job it was meant
to do.

Cheers

----Tell
Alice Springs NT